- Develop a teaching plan for preconception visits. What education will you routinely provide for ALL patients during childbearing years?
- Adjust your plan for a couple actively trying to get pregnant.
- List all routine test done during pregnancy. When are the test routinely done? What are the normal values?
- How would you diagnose the following conditions in pregnancy?
- iron deficiency anemia
- Thalassemia minor
- asymptomatic bacteria
- How would you manage the following common discomforts of pregnancy?
- Nausea & vomiting
- Leg cramps
- Round ligament pain
- How do you diagnose and manage the following complications of pregnancy?
- Gestational diabetes
- Placenta previa
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Gestational trophoblastic disease
- Hyperemesis gravidarum
- Discuss post-partum depression.
- Discuss post-partum contraception. Give pros and cons to methods that you would prescribe in a breastfeeding mother (and in a non-breastfeeding mother.)
- Describe mastitis in a lactating mother. How would you treat this?
- Develop a teaching plan for a first-time breastfeeding mother.