The purpose of the collaboration café is to encourage meaningful application of course concepts, discuss advanced practice psychiatric and mental health nursing issues, and engage student leadership.
This collaboration café enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
- CO 5: Examine the Scope and Standards of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing Practice Advanced Practice Competencies. (PO 5)
Initial posts are due to the discussion board by Wednesday at 11:59 p.m. MT. Peer responses are due by Sunday at 11:59 p.m. MT. Students must post on a minimum of two separate days. A 10% late penalty will be imposed for discussions posted after the deadline Wednesday at 11:59 p.m. MT, regardless of the number of days late. NOTHING will be accepted after 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday (i.e., the student will receive an automatic 0).
Total Points Possible
This collaboration café is worth a total of 80 points.
Preparing the Assignment
Follow these guidelines when completing each component of the assignment. Contact your course faculty if you have questions.
- Select an issue or trend that impacts the PMHNP. Examples include ethical issues, mental health treatment disparities, and substance abuse, recovery, and wellness issues.
- Select one of the phenomena of concern for psychiatric mental health nurses as described in the Scope and Standards text on p.21.
Address the following in your initial post to the Collaboration Café:
- Describe the issue or trend.
- Provide an example from practice.
- Discuss how the phenomenon you selected relates to or impacts your selected issue/trend.
Participating in the Discussion
- Respond to 2 separate classmates with substantive dialogue that is collaborative in nature.
- Responsive postings should offer new insights, applications, perspectives, information, or implications for practice in order to facilitate further discussion.
For full credit, submit your initial post by Wednesday at 11:59 PM MT. Complete your two responses to peers by Sunday at 11:59 PM MT.
**To view the grading criteria/rubric, please click on the 3 dots in the box at the end of the solid gray bar above the discussion board title and then Show Rubric.